Why Every Business Needs A Notary
Having a Notary on staff can help your business save time, money, and even help you provide great service to your customers. The cost of beginning or renewing a Notary commission (often under $100 for a four year term, which includes necessary state bond and Notary stamp) is a relatively small one, making it both convenient and worthwhile for every business to have a Notary.
Benefits of having a Notary on staff:
- Notarize business forms or contracts without having to spend the time to travel to a bank or other office
- Offer additional customer service by being able to notarize customers' documents
- You won't have to send customers away if they bring in forms without proper notarization
What types of businesses benefit the most from having a Notary on staff?
- New and used car dealerships
- Insurance companies
- Mortgage companies
- Title companies
- Corporations — of any type
- Real-estate companies
- Construction companies
- Schools — public or private of all levels
- Any other company that requires notarization on a regular basis
Who in my office should be a Notary?
The Notary can be someone you have on staff already, since notarization is not typically a time consuming task, the extra duties for this person should amount to no more than an hour a week unless your business deals with a lot of documents that require notarization. Because there isn't an abundance of time required, your Notary can be anyone within your company that is trustworthy and willing to perform the duties.
Because a requirement on notarized documents is that the Notary should have no financial interest (outside of a regular paycheck) in the company, having the owner of the company as the only on-staff Notary may not be a good option.
For more information on becoming a Notary, checkout the easy application process we offer in the following states: