Become an Illinois Notary
We make it simple to become a notary in Illinois — here are the steps to take to get started:
Steps for becoming a Illinois notary
1. Be sure you meet Illinois requirements.
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years old
- For the past 30 days, you must have been an Illinois resident or employed within the state. Non-residents must contact us directly. They do not follow the standard application process for state residents
- Have a current, valid Illinois driver's license or state ID card
- Be able to read and write English
- Have never been convicted of a felony
- Not have had a notary commission revoked within the last 10 years
2. Fill out our online form.
Get started with our easy to complete online form — you can finish in minutes. This is where you will purchase your $5,000 bond which is part of your notary package. Pay online with our safe checkout page. We make it fast and convenient.
3. Provide your notary bond information to apply online with the state.
Notary of America provides simple instructions for this step, so you can easily apply online at the state's website. As the end of this process, you'll download and print your notary certificate to scan and email to us at email@example.com. We need your notary certificate to manufacture your custom notary stamp.
4. Get commissioned by the state.
Once the state of Illinois has processed your online application and commissioned you to be a notary in Illinois, we send your complete notary package.
We make becoming or renewing your Illinois notary easier than you think. Start the process now and you'll soon be on your way to notarizing.