Become a Pennsylvania Notary
We make it simple to become a notary in Pennsylvania — here are the steps to take to get started:
Steps for becoming a Pennsylvania notary
1. Be sure you meet Pennsylvania requirements.
- Be 18 years old or older
- Live in Pennsylvania or work at a location that has a physical address in Pennsylvania (not a P.O. Box)
- Be a good, morally upstanding character
- Within the five years of the application date, you have not been committed or pled guilty to a nolo contendere (no contest)
- Within the five years of the application date, you have not a notary commission revoked in Pennsylvania
- Pass the required notary education course/exam with a score of 75 or better
2. Fill out our online form.
Get started with our easy to complete online form — you can finish in minutes. This is where you will purchase your $10,000 bond which is part of your notary package. Pay online with our safe checkout page. We make it fast and convenient.
3. Provide your notary bond information to apply online with the state.
Notary of America provides simple instructions for this step, so you can easily apply online at the state's website. As the end of this process, you'll download and print your notary certificate to scan and email to us at email@example.com. We need your notary certificate to manufacture your custom notary stamp.
4. Get commissioned by the state.
Once the state of Pennsylvania has processed your online application and commissioned you to be a notary in Pennsylvania, we send your complete notary package.
We make becoming or renewing your Pennsylvania notary easier than you think. Start the process now and you'll soon be on your way to notarizing.